I get home at about 3:00, and Im usually doing homework until 4:30, I’m in 8th grade.
I’m in Year 9 in England, so I think I’m about the same age as you.
We’re meant to get anywhere between 1 and half to 2 and a half hours each night, sometimes it’s a little more, sometimes we barely get any.
However, since I don’t go to school full-time (doctor’s orders), I don’t get that much.
Only an hour and a half? You have it easy. Most kids have at least half an hour for each of their classes, and often more.
I go to school once a week, from 8am-3pm on Tuesdays, and that’s it. But for homework I have to read approx. 30 pages of Biology, do 20 question study guide, and answer about 15-20 questions. I have to read 5 chapters of History (about 13 pages or so total) and answer about 30-40 questions for that. Read maybe 6 chapters of a book, depending on the week. Do 2 pages of grammar. Some weeks I have like a 3 page paper to write on top of that. I have to do an Algebra lesson everyday (takes me about 20 minutes) and I have Photography too (about 5-10 pictures and a journal entree) But keep in mind I have a whole week to do all of this.
So for a whole weeks worth, It’s about 8 or 9 hours of work.
I go to school from 8 am – 3:30 pm.
I’ll do mine by week, ’cause.. It’s easier to explain that way. In a typical week, outside of actual school hours, I have to:
– Read a chapter in the book we’re reading (these are like 50 – 70 page chapters)
– Write 2 to 3 essays (“short” essays, 2 – 3 pages)
– Read 1 or 2 chapters in a smaller book and take notes on it (these are like 10 page chapters)
– Read short stories (sometimes one, sometimes 2, sometimes 3; anywhere from like 3 to 20 pages, these we normally only get one night to read, and usually we have to take notes on ’em)
– Read and highlight an essay (for sociology)
– Do a couple of chemistry worksheets
– Do about 40 questions out of my chemistry textbook (this is more like every two weeks; she gives us a good amount of time to work on it)
Our stuff is split up by 6 weeks, and once a 6 weeks I also have to:
– Write a major essay (these are 4 – 5 page essays)
– Do a major project
– Read 100 pages in a historical novel & do 12 notecards summarizing (for history)
– Go to a historical site & write a 2 page paper on it (again, for history)
– Watch a “historical” movie & write a 2 page paper on it (for history)
– Write “brilliant stuff” about what I’ve discovered in sociology (anywhere from 2 – 4 pages)
So… yeah. It kinda sucks.
Plus I work, almost every night, don’t get off anywhere from 8 – 10 depending on the night and all that.
So when I get in bed by midnight, I do a happy dance.