Author Question: Quadratics stretching and vertex form help? (Read 1544 times)

federox

Hi, so the questions tells me to...
Evaluate the following function at 3,-3,0, and z
D(r)= -(r-2)^2+8
I got the correct answers for the first three numbers but got "z" incorrect. Can someone please show me how to get the correct answer?

This is what I did...
D(z)= -(z-2)^2+8
= -z^2+4+8
= -z^2+12

curlz

-(r-2)^2+8=
-[r^2-4r+4]+8=
-r^2+4r+4

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

To maintain good kidney function, you should drink at least 3 quarts of water daily. Water dilutes urine and helps prevent concentrations of salts and minerals that can lead to kidney stone formation. Chronic dehydration is a major contributor to the development of kidney stones.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

There are major differences in the metabolism of morphine and the illegal drug heroin. Morphine mostly produces its CNS effects through m-receptors, and at k- and d-receptors. Heroin has a slight affinity for opiate receptors. Most of its actions are due to metabolism to active metabolites (6-acetylmorphine, morphine, and morphine-6-glucuronide).

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library