This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse meets with patients who quit smoking, or are planning to quit. Which statement made by a ... (Read 220 times)

notis

The nurse meets with patients who quit smoking, or are planning to quit. Which statement made by a patient would lead the nurse to conclude that that patient is in the maintenance stage of change?

a. I haven't smoked in 2 weeks, but I have to constantly resist the urge to light a cigarette.
  b. I don't even think about cigarettes anymore. I really don't miss smoking.
  c. Each day I don't smoke, I put money that I would have spent in a jar to pay for a vacation.
  d. I am chewing gum and eating carrot sticks to keep myself from lighting a cigarette.

Question 2

The nurse is working with a client who is obese and reports having a sedentary lifestyle. What is the nurse's first action to promote this client's health?

a. Teach the client how to follow a low-calorie diet.
  b. Assist the client in a plan to increase his activity level.
  c. Explain the risks associated with the client's weight and lifestyle.
  d. Help the client identify goals for promoting health.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cclemon1

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D

notis

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
:D TYSM

Laurenleakan

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

Anesthesia awareness is a potentially disturbing adverse effect wherein patients who have been paralyzed with muscle relaxants may awaken. They may be aware of their surroundings but unable to communicate or move. Neurologic monitoring equipment that helps to more closely check the patient's anesthesia stages is now available to avoid the occurrence of anesthesia awareness.

Did you know?

When taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, people should avoid a variety of foods, which include alcoholic beverages, bean curd, broad (fava) bean pods, cheese, fish, ginseng, protein extracts, meat, sauerkraut, shrimp paste, soups, and yeast.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library