Author Question: if a bloodroot grew in a now polluted area what would be some adaptations it would go through? (Read 842 times)

hummingbird

i usually don't ask homework questions but i need help with this because i have to create a 3-D model of its adaptations and i can't really think of any! i went through a few websites. please help.

Melanie

The way you're asking the question, the answer would be: none. That's because individuals do not evolve adaptations over their life times in response to particular environmental conditions -- Lamarck thought evolution worked that way. Adaptations appear and get fixed in populations across generations (i.e., a mutation arises that is beneficial in that environment, conferring its possessor increased fitness, thereby spreading in the population in subsequent generations).

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

In the ancient and medieval periods, dysentery killed about ? of all babies before they reach 12 months of age. The disease was transferred through contaminated drinking water, because there was no way to adequately dispose of sewage, which contaminated the water.

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library