This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The Papanicolaou smear is performed primarily to detect what disorder? a. Cervical cancer c. ... (Read 49 times)

madam-professor

The Papanicolaou smear is performed primarily to detect what disorder?

a. Cervical cancer c. Uterine cancer
  b. Vaginal infections d. Ovarian cancer

Question 2

The nurse providing care for a woman with preterm labor on terbutaline would include which intervention to identify side effects of the drug?

a. Assessing deep tendon reflexes (DTRs)
  b. Assessing for dyspnea and crackles
  c. Assessing for bradycardia
  d. Assessing for hypoglycemia

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

CharlieArnold

Answer to Question 1

A
The PAP smear is the primary screening tool for cervical cancer. A PAP smear does not diagnose vaginal, uterine, or ovarian cancer.

Answer to Question 2

B

Feedback
A Terbutaline is a 2-adrenergic agonist that affects the cardiopulmonary and me-tabolic systems of the mother. Assessing DTRs would not address these con-cerns.
B Terbutaline is a 2-adrenergic agonist that affects the cardiopulmonary and me-tabolic systems of the mother. Signs of cardiopulmonary decompensation would include adventitious breath sounds and dyspnea.
C Terbutaline is a 2-adrenergic agonist that affects the cardiopulmonary and me-tabolic systems of the mother. 2-Adrenergic agonist drugs cause tachycardia, not bradycardia.
D Terbutaline is a 2-adrenergic agonist that affects the cardiopulmonary and me-tabolic systems of the mother. The metabolic effect leads to hyperglycemia, not hypoglycemia.

madam-professor

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
:D TYSM

Dominic

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

As many as 20% of Americans have been infected by the fungus known as Histoplasmosis. While most people are asymptomatic or only have slight symptoms, infection can progress to a rapid and potentially fatal superinfection.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library