Author Question: How do you find the initial horizontal velocity of a projectile without a given angle? (Read 698 times)

TI

Or the vertical V(i). The question says a ball is kicked with an initial velocity of 32.5 m/s. No angle is given, and I'm assuming the x and y velocities will simply make a right angle. How do I find the other velocities?

Hawke

You will need some other information.  Do you have range, max height, time of flight, perhaps?

You are correct that the x and y components of the velocity will be at right angles.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

Did you know?

Barbituric acid, the base material of barbiturates, was first synthesized in 1863 by Adolph von Bayer. His company later went on to synthesize aspirin for the first time, and Bayer aspirin is still a popular brand today.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library