Author Question: Solving For Initial Velocity of a Projectile? (Read 667 times)

Sandstorm

I'm looking the formula(s) used for finding initial velocity of a projectile that starts at 5 meters above the ground, lands at 0 meters above the ground, in the time period of 5 seconds.

I know the numbers are aren't really useful when finding a formula, but they might help =).

Ask any clarifying questions, and I'll put the answers in the details section.

Thanks in advance!

Jesse_J

x(final)-x(initial) = v(initial)*t + 1/2*a*(t^2) where a = g

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Hawke

y(t) = yinitial + Vyt -4.9t^2
0 = 5 meters + Vy(5 s) - 4.9(5 s)^2
Vy = -23.5 m/s

Did you know?

Anesthesia awareness is a potentially disturbing adverse effect wherein patients who have been paralyzed with muscle relaxants may awaken. They may be aware of their surroundings but unable to communicate or move. Neurologic monitoring equipment that helps to more closely check the patient's anesthesia stages is now available to avoid the occurrence of anesthesia awareness.

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library