Author Question: How can I rearrange this formula 1/R=A e -B/T to find the constant e and the other constant B? (Read 1341 times)

geoffrey

I'm conducting this thermometer experiment with the thermistor. I recorded the values on the voltmeter and the ammeter then found the resistance of the thermometer. I was then asked to plot an appropriate graph that would help to determine the constants e and B. I'm terrible at transposing formulas so if someone transpose the above formula, I will be able to continue from there. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hawke

e is a constant.

To solve for B, first divide by A,

1/RA = e^(-BT)

Then take the natural log,

ln(1/RA) = -BT

Divide by -T,

-1/T ln(1/RA) = B

EDIT: If you want to plot a graph and solve this graphically instead of analytically, you'll first need to plug in your data and then try to use a best fit curve to approximate a trend. From there, based on the equation of that curve, you can determine B. I recommend Graphical Analysis for this - it's a fairly easy program to use and it can fit a variety of curves, without being overly complicated.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

The senior population grows every year. Seniors older than 65 years of age now comprise more than 13% of the total population. However, women outlive men. In the 85-and-over age group, there are only 45 men to every 100 women.

Did you know?

All patients with hyperparathyroidism will develop osteoporosis. The parathyroid glands maintain blood calcium within the normal range. All patients with this disease will continue to lose calcium from their bones every day, and there is no way to prevent the development of osteoporosis as a result.

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library