Author Question: How do I enjoy studying for college? (Read 924 times)

torybrooks

It feels like I often set goals for myself that I never complete. For example today I am supposed to be at my desk reading chapter 1 and taking notes in Computer Science, then look up and attempt some Calculus 1 problems. It feels like my mind keeps pushing it off by trying to find other way's to keep busy until I end up doing it. Usually it takes until the day of to read the chapters and I do it sloppy because I am rushed.

notis

Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2013
make a deal with yourself that you will just START it.  Read the calculus problems before you go do whatever you are doing the rest of the day, then when it's time to DO the calculus homework, it wont be so imposing.

Same with the CS reading: just skim the chapter and or read the into/outline.  then you'll see it aint so bad.

Also, it doesn't all have to be fun.  sometimes homework sux, deal with it.  keep your eye on your long-term goals, such as the degree

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

Women are 50% to 75% more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction.

Did you know?

In 2010, opiate painkllers, such as morphine, OxyContin®, and Vicodin®, were tied to almost 60% of drug overdose deaths.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library