Author Question: Which of the following sentences is a misplaced modifier? A) On the morning news, I heard that ... (Read 290 times)

rlane42

Which of the following sentences is a misplaced modifier?

A) On the morning news, I heard that there was another terrorist attack in Afghanistan.
  B) I heard that there was another terrorist attack in Afghanistan on the morning news.
  C) I heard on the morning news that there was another terrorist attack.

Question 2

How does the STRAP strategy help you analyze a writing assignment?

A) It helps you analyze the assignment so that you can prewrite.
  B) It helps you find details for the assignment.
  C) It helps you edit for a purpose for writing.
  D) All of these.

hanadaa

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

A

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

The first oncogene was discovered in 1970 and was termed SRC (pronounced "SARK").

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library