Author Question: Which of the following sentences is a misplaced modifier? A) On the morning news, I heard that ... (Read 301 times)

rlane42

Which of the following sentences is a misplaced modifier?

A) On the morning news, I heard that there was another terrorist attack in Afghanistan.
  B) I heard that there was another terrorist attack in Afghanistan on the morning news.
  C) I heard on the morning news that there was another terrorist attack.

Question 2

How does the STRAP strategy help you analyze a writing assignment?

A) It helps you analyze the assignment so that you can prewrite.
  B) It helps you find details for the assignment.
  C) It helps you edit for a purpose for writing.
  D) All of these.

hanadaa

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

A

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

More than 20 million Americans cite use of marijuana within the past 30 days, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). More than 8 million admit to using it almost every day.

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

Did you know?

For high blood pressure (hypertension), a new class of drug, called a vasopeptidase blocker (inhibitor), has been developed. It decreases blood pressure by simultaneously dilating the peripheral arteries and increasing the body's loss of salt.

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library