This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A local theater charges 5.00 for every matinee (daytime) ticket, but the ticket prices are much ... (Read 102 times)

swpotter12

A local theater charges 5.00 for every matinee (daytime) ticket, but the ticket prices are much higher during the evening. This is an example of

A) peak-load pricing.
  B) second-degree price discrimination.
  C) a two-part tariff.
  D) bundling.
  E) none of the above

Question 2

Smith just bought a house for 250,000. Earthquake insurance, which would pay 250,000 in the event of a major earthquake, is available for 25,000.

Smith estimates that the probability of a major earthquake in the coming year is 10 percent, and that in the event of such a quake, the property would be worth nothing. The utility (U) that Smith gets from income (I) is given as follows: U(I) = I0.5. Should Smith buy the insurance? A) Yes.
  B) No.
  C) Smith is indifferent.
  D) We need more information on Smith's attitude toward risk.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cascooper22

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A

swpotter12

Reply 2 on: Jul 1, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

ryansturges

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

Did you know?

Essential fatty acids have been shown to be effective against ulcers, asthma, dental cavities, and skin disorders such as acne.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

Walt Disney helped combat malaria by making an animated film in 1943 called The Winged Scourge. This short film starred the seven dwarfs and taught children that mosquitos transmit malaria, which is a very bad disease. It advocated the killing of mosquitos to stop the disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library