This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse meets with patients who quit smoking, or are planning to quit. Which statement made by a ... (Read 155 times)

notis

The nurse meets with patients who quit smoking, or are planning to quit. Which statement made by a patient would lead the nurse to conclude that that patient is in the maintenance stage of change?

a. I haven't smoked in 2 weeks, but I have to constantly resist the urge to light a cigarette.
  b. I don't even think about cigarettes anymore. I really don't miss smoking.
  c. Each day I don't smoke, I put money that I would have spent in a jar to pay for a vacation.
  d. I am chewing gum and eating carrot sticks to keep myself from lighting a cigarette.

Question 2

The nurse is working with a client who is obese and reports having a sedentary lifestyle. What is the nurse's first action to promote this client's health?

a. Teach the client how to follow a low-calorie diet.
  b. Assist the client in a plan to increase his activity level.
  c. Explain the risks associated with the client's weight and lifestyle.
  d. Help the client identify goals for promoting health.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cclemon1

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D

notis

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
:D TYSM

fatboyy09

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Warfarin was developed as a consequence of the study of a strange bleeding disorder that suddenly occurred in cattle on the northern prairies of the United States in the early 1900s.

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library