Author Question: Which of the following sentences is a misplaced modifier? A) On the morning news, I heard that ... (Read 304 times)

rlane42

Which of the following sentences is a misplaced modifier?

A) On the morning news, I heard that there was another terrorist attack in Afghanistan.
  B) I heard that there was another terrorist attack in Afghanistan on the morning news.
  C) I heard on the morning news that there was another terrorist attack.

Question 2

How does the STRAP strategy help you analyze a writing assignment?

A) It helps you analyze the assignment so that you can prewrite.
  B) It helps you find details for the assignment.
  C) It helps you edit for a purpose for writing.
  D) All of these.

hanadaa

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

A

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

Did you know?

The first war in which wide-scale use of anesthetics occurred was the Civil War, and 80% of all wounds were in the extremities.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library