Author Question: Need help with a sociology question on an assignment? (Read 1057 times)

Melanie

This is a question on my sociology homework.  I have been stuck on this question for a good hour or so.  Any help would be appreciated as I am very lost on it.

How would a structural functionalist, conflict theorist, and symbolic interactionist discuss the institutions of religion and K-12 education in the U.S.?

camila

marx would say that religion was the opiate of the masses and say it was the way we were owned and controlled by the capitalist class to keep us under - Durkheim would say that the function of education is to make better citizens and the function of religion is to keep us humane and on the right side of the law symbolic interactionists would probably argue that we would have to know how each participant were symbolising their experience and what their background induction had been religion and education are not perceived as the same by everybody as sub cultures imbue experience with their own meaning.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

People often find it difficult to accept the idea that bacteria can be beneficial and improve health. Lactic acid bacteria are good, and when eaten, these bacteria improve health and increase longevity. These bacteria included in foods such as yogurt.

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

Did you know?

Though “Krazy Glue” or “Super Glue” has the ability to seal small wounds, it is not recommended for this purpose since it contains many substances that should not enter the body through the skin, and may be harmful.

Did you know?

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA was discovered in 1961 in the United Kingdom. It if often referred to as a superbug. MRSA infections cause more deaths in the United States every year than AIDS.

Methicilli ...
Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library