Author Question: What can i expect in sociology class? (Read 773 times)

geoffrey

Im15 and in 10th grade in high school. I recently got my scheduale and found out im in sociology. So i was wondering what can i expect?
Can i expect a lot of reading?
A lot of writing?
A lot of tests?
Can i expect a lot of group work or is most of it going to be individual?

ricki

Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2013
My sociology class was very little homework and very little writing and very few tests. What we did do however was look at articles about health care, politics, abortion, etc. typical controversial issues and discussed our opinions on it as well as how these issues can be addressed on a larger national or worldwide scale.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Although the Roman numeral for the number 4 has always been taught to have been "IV," according to historians, the ancient Romans probably used "IIII" most of the time. This is partially backed up by the fact that early grandfather clocks displayed IIII for the number 4 instead of IV. Early clockmakers apparently thought that the IIII balanced out the VIII (used for the number 8) on the clock face and that it just looked better.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library