Author Question: The distraught wife of a terminally ill patient complains to the nurse, My husband has not been ... (Read 33 times)

danielfitts88

The distraught wife of a terminally ill patient complains to the nurse, My husband has not been shaved, and he has that miserable gown on instead of his own pajamas. Don't you people care about things like that? The nurse's best response would be:

a. I delayed his morning care because he was sleeping comfortably. I'll complete his care now that he is awake.
  b. We are running late today and I have six other patients to care for. What do you want?
  c. Of course we care Someone will come to do his care before lunch.
  d. I'm sorry you feel we are doing such a poor job. I am doing my best.

Question 2

The nurse emphasizes that the objective of pain control for the dying patient is to:

a. keep the patient unconscious and relaxed to avoid the perception of pain.
  b. delay medication until the patient reports that the pain is intense.
  c. find a control level that reduces pain, but allows the patient to interact.
  d. eradicate pain completely.

Pariscourtney

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C