Author Question: A female complains that her husband only meets his sexual needs and never her needs. According to ... (Read 32 times)

neverstopbelieb

A female complains that her husband only meets his sexual needs and never her needs. According to Freud, which personality structure should a nurse identify as predominantly driving the husband's actions?

A. The id
  B. The superid
  C. The ego
  D. The superego

Question 2

A client has flashbacks of sexual abuse by her uncle. She had not been aware of these memories until recently, when she became sexually active with her boyfriend.

A nurse should identify this experience as which part of Sullivan's concept of the self-system?

A. The good me
  B. The bad me
  C. The not me
  D. The bad you

tmlewis4706

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
The nurse should identify that the husband's actions are driven by the predominance of the id. According to Freud, the id is the part of the personality that is identified as the pleasure principle. The id is the locus of instinctual drives.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
The nurse should identify a client remembering sexual abuse when becoming sexually active with her boyfriend as experiencing the not me part of the personality. According to Sullivan, the not me part of the personality develops in response to situations that produced intense anxiety in childhood.