This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which nursing intervention has highest priority for a patient with bulimia nervosa? a. Assist the ... (Read 49 times)

c0205847

Which nursing intervention has highest priority for a patient with bulimia nervosa?

a. Assist the patient to identify triggers to binge eating.
  b. Provide remedial consequences for weight loss.
  c. Assess for signs of impulsive eating.
  d. Explore needs for health teaching.

Question 2

A patient states, I have been trying to lose weight. I am not hungry at breakfast, so I wait until lunch to eat. I have a small lunch and then use most of my calorie allotment for dinner. Lately, I have noticed that my mood has been off.

I seem to be more anxious, and my mood is lower.. Which response would be most appropriate? a. As long as you are getting the nutrients you need, when you eat should not be affecting your mood..
  b. Perhaps you should divide your calories evenly between lunch and dinner. If your blood sugar is low, it could be responsible for feeling nervous..
  c. Eating breakfast is important. It improves mood, energy, and feelings of calm. Eating some of your calories in the morning might help your mood..
  d. You might want to talk with your doctor about using of kava kava for your depression..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ErinKing

Answer to Question 1

A
For most patients with bulimia nervosa, certain situations trigger the urge to binge. Purging then follows bingeing. Often the triggers are anxiety-producing situations. Identification of triggers makes it possible to break the binge/purge cycle. Because binge eating and purging directly affect physical status, the need to promote physical safety assumes highest priority.

Answer to Question 2

C
Research indicates that regularly eating breakfast improves energy, mood, memory, and feelings of calmness, so when one consumes nutrients may be important. No evidence exists to support distributing calories between lunch and dinner or that kava kava would help depression (although it might relieve anxiety).

c0205847

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

bassamabas

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library