Author Question: what are the limitations of freedom? (Read 831 times)

Jones

as in everything you can think of and why they are there. Even the smallest stuff will be helpfull i have some english homework and i have to right a paragraph for each topic and after writing the limitation i have to write why we need this in our society. thank you everyone who is willing to help :)

hummingbird

Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2013
Most people say my freedom ends where your nose begins. In other words, my freedom ends at the point it has any impact on other people or society.  The bill of rights, in the constitution, only extends to public places, within the boundaries of the law,  when it does not effect the public welfare.

Citizens have the right to peaceful assembly and protest. However they do not have the right to assemble and protest on private property, or public right of way. They cannot block public roadways or sidewalks, if it inhibits other citizens.use of them. They cannot assemble or protest on private property without consent

The right to bear arms, freedom of speech, freedom of religion does not apply to private property. Even if a state allows you to legally carry a weapon, a private business or home can deny you access, since rights do not extend to other people property. You have the right to worship any God you choose. You can express your political beliefs to the extreme. But those rights do not extend to private property, or publicly owned property all citizens access.