Author Question: The maximum height for a projectile is 5m. What is the y component of the initial velocity for this projectile? (Read 1048 times)

curlz

I am currently in an online college Physical Science class. This question is one of the ones on my current homework assignment, and I have not been able to find it anywhere in the book or online. Please help!

The maximum height for a projectile is 5m. What is the y component of the initial velocity for this projectile?

A.) 98 m/s
B.) 14 m/s
C.) 10 m/s
D.) 200 m/s

Thanks!

federox

Vy = vertical component of the initial velocity

Vy² = 2gh
Vy² = 2*9.8*5 = 98

Vy = squareroot of 98 = 9.9 m/s
answer C : 10m/s
+++++++++++++++++++

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

It is widely believed that giving a daily oral dose of aspirin to heart attack patients improves their chances of survival because the aspirin blocks the formation of new blood clots.

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

Did you know?

When blood is deoxygenated and flowing back to the heart through the veins, it is dark reddish-blue in color. Blood in the arteries that is oxygenated and flowing out to the body is bright red. Whereas arterial blood comes out in spurts, venous blood flows.

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

Children of people with alcoholism are more inclined to drink alcohol or use hard drugs. In fact, they are 400 times more likely to use hard drugs than those who do not have a family history of alcohol addiction.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library