Author Question: How do you find the initial horizontal velocity of a projectile without a given angle? (Read 696 times)

TI

Or the vertical V(i). The question says a ball is kicked with an initial velocity of 32.5 m/s. No angle is given, and I'm assuming the x and y velocities will simply make a right angle. How do I find the other velocities?

Hawke

You will need some other information.  Do you have range, max height, time of flight, perhaps?

You are correct that the x and y components of the velocity will be at right angles.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

GI conditions that will keep you out of the U.S. armed services include ulcers, varices, fistulas, esophagitis, gastritis, congenital abnormalities, inflammatory bowel disease, enteritis, colitis, proctitis, duodenal diverticula, malabsorption syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, cysts, abscesses, pancreatitis, polyps, certain hemorrhoids, splenomegaly, hernias, recent abdominal surgery, GI bypass or stomach stapling, and artificial GI openings.

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

Did you know?

Illicit drug use costs the United States approximately $181 billion every year.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library