Author Question: Whats the difference between a chapter outline and a chapter summary? (Read 1013 times)

TI

My history homework is having me do to chapter summaries and two chapter outlines. But whats the difference between the two besides the format?
Im not sure how exactly to write my summaries.

j_sun

A chapter summary is what the chapter was about in your own words, like how you perceived it. A chapter outline is what information was in the chapter.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

hummingbird

An outline is a list of points in the chapter.  They are listed in a a structure order with main and subordinate points.  

A summary is a re-telling of the content of the chapter in a shorter form.

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

Did you know?

Essential fatty acids have been shown to be effective against ulcers, asthma, dental cavities, and skin disorders such as acne.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions cause a higher risk of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library