Author Question: how did the events of 1776 move the colonis closer to self government? (Read 1162 times)

Yolanda

i need help in my history homework. the question is: how did the events of 1776 move the colonists closer to self government?

curlz

I am going to need more info then that though.

by this time everyone was already convinced that they needed a self-government.

If we were to re-wind it back in time a few years.

The Boston Massacre
The Stricter laws and harsher taxes
The Boston tea party.
John Adams plea to the other colonist
several newspaper articles stating it was not logical for an island to rule an entire continent.

all led to the colonist moving closer to a self government

EDIT:
I agree with the person below me John adams is good thing to watch.

It would definently help you with your homework and it is also exciting at the same time.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

federox

You know what, you should watch the HBO movie 'John Adams'.  It really is good.  it develops the fear, anger, confusion, and the 'how dare you' attitude of the colonists.  

But it was a boiling point.  It took time but 1776 was a boiling point of the upper middle class anger.  

the industrail and enlightenment movement had a huge impact on the events as well.  

aLSO IT IS FUN and easy to watch.

Did you know?

Women are 50% to 75% more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

GI conditions that will keep you out of the U.S. armed services include ulcers, varices, fistulas, esophagitis, gastritis, congenital abnormalities, inflammatory bowel disease, enteritis, colitis, proctitis, duodenal diverticula, malabsorption syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, cysts, abscesses, pancreatitis, polyps, certain hemorrhoids, splenomegaly, hernias, recent abdominal surgery, GI bypass or stomach stapling, and artificial GI openings.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

Children with strabismus (crossed eyes) can be treated. They are not able to outgrow this condition on their own, but with help, it can be more easily corrected at a younger age. It is important for infants to have eye examinations as early as possible in their development and then another at age 2 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library