Author Question: How did monasteries play a role in medicine? (Read 934 times)

hummingbird

Hi , for my history homework i have got to do a presentation on how monasteries played a role in medicine and i don't have a clue what to write. Could you please just give me some bullet points of what I could put in my homework please.
                    Thanks

Yolanda

the church invited beer for mass consumption. this helped in the dark ages to prevent prevent several water born diseases due to the disinfecting property of the distill. they would literaly make duck pond ooze cesspools into a drinkable liquid for the mass population.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library