Author Question: To Kohn, even the New Disciplines such as Canter and Canter's Assertive Discipline, Driekurs's ... (Read 121 times)

mydiamond

To Kohn, even the New Disciplines such as Canter and Canter's Assertive Discipline, Driekurs's Democratic Teaching, Curwin's and Mendler's Discipline with Dignity, and Kounin's Instructional Management are driven by a ________ set of beliefs in which it is difficult to distinguish the so-called logical consequences from the old-fashioned punishments.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Question 2

Mrs. Wong is the parent of Tran, a student in your class. When you ask for parent volunteers to help in the classroom, Mrs. Wong says, I'd really like to, but I work from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm each day, and I can't leave the office at lunchtime. What would the text authors recommend you say in response?

a. Oh, that's too bad. It would have been great to have you in class. Maybe you could come in if you get a day off.
  b. I bet your boss would understand and let you have some time off if you told her it was something for school, and then you could come in and help.
  c. Tran is going to be so disappointed. So many other parents can come in during the day that I'm afraid he'll feel left out.
  d. Well, how would you feel about creating some classroom activities for us if I can send the materials home for you to work on in the evenings?

ntsoane kedibone

Answer to Question 1

Negative

Answer to Question 2

d