This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A new nurse has the following thoughts: How will I handle things if my patient walks away from me? ... (Read 19 times)

V@ndy87

A new nurse has the following thoughts: How will I handle things if my patient walks away from me? How will I react if the patient is sexually provocative? How will I cope with a patient who cries? These thoughts indicate that the nurse is

engaged in: a. role modeling.
  b. self-exploration.
  c. altruistic thinking.
  d. value clarification.

Question 2

A client tells a nurse that she wants to know what treatments she can refuse. Which is the most appropriate response by the nurse?

A) Clients can refuse pharmacological but not psychological treatment.
  B) Clients can refuse any treatment at any time.
  C) Clients can refuse only electroconvulsive therapy.
  D) Clients can refuse treatment, but professionals can override this right when clients are a danger to themselves or others.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Tonny

Answer to Question 1

B
Self-exploration leads to the development of self-awareness, and it is essential that the nurse be self-aware to learn to deal with anxiety, anger, sadness, and joy in helping patients through the health-illness continuum.

Answer to Question 2

D

V@ndy87

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

epscape

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library