Author Question: What is a good attention getter for an introduction? (Read 2105 times)

j_sun

Im writing an essay for romeo and juliet and my thesis statement is "passion can overtake reason and common sense". What would be a good first sentence for and intro paragraph for that?

hummingbird

Attention getta can be difficult, but you can't lose hope! Especially when you're talking about Romeo and Juriet.

Personally the Commander's favorite character in the whole play is Balthazar because he stays true to what he believes in. But this isn't about the Commander, this is about your essay so I'll get right to the point.

You should start your essay with "Passion can overtake reason and common sense.", it sound very articulate and clever. No need to thank me, I just came up with it off the top of head!

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

There are more sensory neurons in the tongue than in any other part of the body.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

Only 12 hours after an egg cell is fertilized by a sperm cell, the egg cell starts to divide. As it continues to divide, it moves along the fallopian tube toward the uterus at about 1 inch per day.

Did you know?

Bisphosphonates were first developed in the nineteenth century. They were first investigated for use in disorders of bone metabolism in the 1960s. They are now used clinically for the treatment of osteoporosis, Paget's disease, bone metastasis, multiple myeloma, and other conditions that feature bone fragility.

Did you know?

The most common childhood diseases include croup, chickenpox, ear infections, flu, pneumonia, ringworm, respiratory syncytial virus, scabies, head lice, and asthma.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library