Author Question: What is the second derivative of a logistic differential equation? (Read 1058 times)

Sandstorm

I can manage integrating it, but how to I take the second derivative?

I have a partial formula written down, but it's incorrect.

Thanks!

coco

This is the original equation below:
X(t) = (1 + ( (1/x) -1)e^(-rt) ) ^-1

Solve the denominator :
X(t) = (1 + ( (1 - x)/x)e^(-rt) ) ^-1

Solve for the lowest denominator and bring to the numerator
X(t) = X(X + e^(-rt) - Xe^(-rt) ) ^-1

Now take the first derivative:
X'(t) = -X(-re^(-rt) + Xre^(-rt) ) ^-2

Then take the second derivative
X''(t) = 2X(r^2e^(-rt) - Xr^2e^(-rt) ) ^-3

Make the equation into a nice form:
X''(t) = 2X/(r^2e^(-rt) - Xr^2e^(-rt) )^3

You may go ahead to seperate common variables but the most important point is about the mastery of the concept.

I hope this helps.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions cause a higher risk of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library