Author Question: The nurse manager is leading the monthly staff meeting for the professional nursing staff. Which ... (Read 129 times)

burchfield96

The nurse manager is leading the monthly staff meeting for the professional nursing staff.

Which statements by this leader reflect effective leadership? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Standard Text: Select all that apply. 1. I will assume responsibility for developing the mission and goals of the group.
  2. I have created an agenda that identifies the amount of time allotted for each step of the problem-solving process.
  3. I realize there will be dissension; however, I prefer that we not take time from our agenda to address it.
  4. The meeting will be called to order at noon and be adjourned in 1 hour.
  5. It is important that each of you is fully engaged in the decision-making process.

Question 2

The nurse manager is educating staff about the collective bargaining process. Who should this nurse say controls collective bargaining in health care?

1. The judicial system
  2. Individual hospitals
  3. Nurses' unions
  4. Federal laws

izzat

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Since this is a command group, the mission and goals are set by the organization.
Rationale 2: The effective leader begins and ends a meeting on time and promotes adherence to the proposed time allocation.
Rationale 3: An effective leader elicits the expression of dissenting opinions.
Rationale 4: The effective leader begins and ends a meeting on time and promotes adherence to the proposed time allocation.
Rationale 5: Group cooperation and engagement should be promoted.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: The judicial system has ruled on some collective bargaining laws but does not write the law.
Rationale 2: Individual hospitals are participants in collective bargaining but do not govern it.
Rationale 3: Nurses' unions are participants in collective bargaining but do not govern it.
Rationale 4: Laws have been enacted by Congress to guide and control labor relations between employees and employers.
Global Rationale: