This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: One result of asymmetric information in health insurance markets is a. an optimal number of ... (Read 52 times)

nramada

One result of asymmetric information in health insurance markets is
 a. an optimal number of insurance policies sold.
  b. adverse selection.
  c. externalities in consumption.
  d. a low marginal benefit of additional information for the buyer of insurance.
  e. The principal-agent problem.

Question 2

Consider four possible benefits of a water resources project: I. Provides employment to construction workers currently building houses. II. Provides electric power to the market. III. Provides reduced flood risk to individuals living along the river. IV. Raises the profits of MacDonald's stands in the area which serves construction workers. Which of these are true social benefits of the project?
 a. All of them
  b. I, II, and III, but not IV
  c. I and III, but not II and IV
  d. II and III, but not I and IV

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

adammoses97

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

d

Did you know?

Serum cholesterol testing in adults is recommended every 1 to 5 years. People with diabetes and a family history of high cholesterol should be tested even more frequently.

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

Did you know?

There are major differences in the metabolism of morphine and the illegal drug heroin. Morphine mostly produces its CNS effects through m-receptors, and at k- and d-receptors. Heroin has a slight affinity for opiate receptors. Most of its actions are due to metabolism to active metabolites (6-acetylmorphine, morphine, and morphine-6-glucuronide).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library