This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Logicians study deductive arguments by formulating the reasoning involved into syllogisms. A ... (Read 15 times)

plus1

Logicians study deductive arguments by formulating the reasoning involved into syllogisms. A syllogism usually consists of

a. Statements or claims
  b. None of these choices
  c. A major premise, minor premise and a conclusion.
  d. Standardized language

Question 2

Deduction is taught through the study of formal logic. Deduction is a process that draws conclusions about the relationship between generalizations and specific instances. All of the following, but one, are examples of deductive reasoning. Which example is not based on deductive reasoning?

a. All horses are herbivorous. This animal is a horse. This animal is herbivorous.
  b. All humans are mammals. Jane is a human. Jane is a mammal
  c. The cat rubs against my leg. The cat jumps onto my lap. The cat looks into
  my face and cries. The cat keeps crying. The cat is hungry.
  d. All cats are night animals. This creature is a cat. This creature is a night
  animal.