This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has heard a member of public lamenting the fact that a mentally ill person committed a ... (Read 64 times)

maegan_martin

The nurse has heard a member of public lamenting the fact that a mentally ill person committed a high-profile crime, saying, I don't know what no one could see it coming.

What perception about abnormal behavior and mental illness is this person exhibiting?

A) Internal forces are responsible for abnormal behavior.
  B) Abnormal behavior can be predicted and evaluated.
  C) Maladaptive behavior is always inherited.
  D) Mental illness is incurable.

Question 2

Which of the following statements is suggestive of the stigmatization of mental illness?

A) We're sure not putting enough money into public programs for people who are mentally ill.
  B) It's too bad that there aren't better medications to treat mental illness.
  C) I feel bad for the mentally ill, but I wish we didn't have to see them panhandling on every single corner.
  D) I think that we should look at people who are mentally ill much like we see people who are physically ill.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

huda

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B
If an individual believes that abnormal behavior can always be identified by warning signs ahead of time, he or she agrees that it can be predicted.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
Creating a division between us and them is a component of stigmatization. Being dissatisfied with treatment options for mental illness does not mean that the speaker is stigmatizing mental illness.

maegan_martin

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

samiel-sayed

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

Pink eye is a term that refers to conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the thin, clear membrane (conjunctiva) over the white part of the eye (sclera). It may be triggered by a virus, bacteria, or foreign body in the eye. Antibiotic eye drops alleviate bacterial conjunctivitis, and antihistamine allergy pills or eye drops help control allergic conjunctivitis symptoms.

Did you know?

Medications that are definitely not safe to take when breastfeeding include radioactive drugs, antimetabolites, some cancer (chemotherapy) agents, bromocriptine, ergotamine, methotrexate, and cyclosporine.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library