This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The following statements about land are made by people who belong to food-foraging, horticultural, ... (Read 61 times)

itsmyluck

The following statements about land are made by people who belong to food-foraging, horticultural, pastoralist, intensive agriculturalist, and industrial societies. Which statement is most likely to be made by horticulturalists from a tributary system of land ownership in West Africa?

a. The land of my people is the land around Spirit Lake, where my ancestors emerged and where we hold annual ceremonies.
  b. I gave the land to my brothers son, who distributed it among his sons, for which they pay me ten days work a year. When the eldest son died, I gave his land to my cousin, who needs more land for his growing family.
  c. I paid ten grand for that parcel of land in the desert, and expect it to double in value in the next five years.
  d. In the summer, we go to our land in the mountains, and in the winter, we pass through the land corridor to the east, using the water holes and meadows for grass until we reach the summer pastures.
  e. I inherited five acres of land from my mother, as well as the rights to use the water from the river three days a week.

Question 2

What do we call a system in which goods are produced, distributed, and consumed?

a. Economic
  b. Political
  c. Religious
  d. Kinship
  e. Industrial