This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Suppose that demographic studies show that each year about 6 of a city's population moves to the ... (Read 549 times)

Awilson837

Suppose that demographic studies show that each year about 6 of a city's population moves to the suburbs (and 94 stays in the city), while 4 of the suburban population moves to the city (and 96 remains in the suburbs).

In the year 2000, 64 of the population of the region lived in the city and 36 lived in the suburbs. What is the distribution of the population in 2002? For simplicity, ignore other influences on the population such as births, deaths, and migration into and out of the city/suburban region.
  A) 60.5 in the city and 39.5 in the suburbs B) 59.4 in the city and 40.6 in the suburbs
  C) 61.6 in the city and 38.4 in the suburbs D) 58.3 in the city and 41.7 in the suburbs

Question 2

Which of the following statements are true?
  I: A polytope is the affine hull of a finite set of points.
  II: An extreme point of a polytope P is any point in the convex hull of 2 vertices.

A) II B) I C) Neither I or II D) Both I and II

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

asdfghjkl;

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C

Awilson837

Reply 2 on: Jun 18, 2018
Gracias!

sailorcrescent

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The lipid bilayer is made of phospholipids. They are arranged in a double layer because one of their ends is attracted to water while the other is repelled by water.

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

Did you know?

There are approximately 3 million unintended pregnancies in the United States each year.

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library