This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Suppose that demographic studies show that each year about 6 of a city's population moves to the ... (Read 547 times)

Awilson837

Suppose that demographic studies show that each year about 6 of a city's population moves to the suburbs (and 94 stays in the city), while 4 of the suburban population moves to the city (and 96 remains in the suburbs).

In the year 2000, 64 of the population of the region lived in the city and 36 lived in the suburbs. What is the distribution of the population in 2002? For simplicity, ignore other influences on the population such as births, deaths, and migration into and out of the city/suburban region.
  A) 60.5 in the city and 39.5 in the suburbs B) 59.4 in the city and 40.6 in the suburbs
  C) 61.6 in the city and 38.4 in the suburbs D) 58.3 in the city and 41.7 in the suburbs

Question 2

Which of the following statements are true?
  I: A polytope is the affine hull of a finite set of points.
  II: An extreme point of a polytope P is any point in the convex hull of 2 vertices.

A) II B) I C) Neither I or II D) Both I and II

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

asdfghjkl;

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C

Awilson837

Reply 2 on: Jun 18, 2018
Excellent

atrochim

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

Automated pill dispensing systems have alarms to alert patients when the correct dosing time has arrived. Most systems work with many varieties of medications, so patients who are taking a variety of drugs can still be in control of their dose regimen.

Did you know?

The senior population grows every year. Seniors older than 65 years of age now comprise more than 13% of the total population. However, women outlive men. In the 85-and-over age group, there are only 45 men to every 100 women.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library