This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A researcher is going to do a longitudinal study of cognitive development in elementary school-age ... (Read 172 times)

Pea0909berry

A researcher is going to do a longitudinal study of cognitive development in elementary school-age children. What problems are this researcher going to have that could be avoided if she were to do a cross-sectional study instead?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Clive is a developmentally typical child. Give examples of how the description of his best friend might differ when Clive is 3, 10, and 16 years old.

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

amandanbreshears

Answer to Question 1

In a longitudinal study, participants can drop out of the study and repeated testing can distort the results. Neither of these problems would be a factor in a cross-sectional study.

Answer to Question 2

3-year-old description of a best friend: He plays with me and is nice to me.
10-year-old description: He helps me with my homework, keeps secrets, and shares his snack at school.
16-year-old description: I can tell him anything. He makes me feel better when I am down. We've got each others' backs.

Did you know?

Colchicine is a highly poisonous alkaloid originally extracted from a type of saffron plant that is used mainly to treat gout.

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

Did you know?

Essential fatty acids have been shown to be effective against ulcers, asthma, dental cavities, and skin disorders such as acne.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library