This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: At the conclusion of teaching parents about cerebral palsy,the nurse asks,What is your hope for your ... (Read 38 times)

SAVANNAHHOOPER23

At the conclusion of teaching parents about cerebral palsy,the nurse asks,What is your hope for your toddler with cerebral palsy? Which of the following replies from a parent best indicates an understanding of a realistic achievement for the child?

1. I hope my child qualifies for theWinter Olympics like I did.
  2. I hope my child just enjoys life.
  3. I hope my child will attend ourneighborhood school.
  4. I hope my child is liked andaccepted by other children.

Question 2

For prenatal care, the patient is attending a clinic held in a church basement. The patient's care is provided by registered nurses and a certified nurse-midwife. This type of prenatal care is an example of:

1. Secondary care.
  2. Tertiary care.
  3. Community care.
  4. Unnecessarily costly care.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

whitcassie

Answer to Question 1

Answer:3
Rationale:Expecting a child with cerebral palsy to do well in the local school is a realistic hope that the child can possibly achieve. A child with cerebral palsy does not have the gross motor skills to qualify for the Olympics;thus,this is unrealistic. A hope for the child to enjoy life is realistic,but is not an achievement for the child. A hope that the child is liked and accepted by other children is realistic,but this hope is also dependent on other children.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Secondary care is specialized care; an example is checking the hemoglobin A1C of a diabetic patient at an endocrine clinic.
Rationale 2: Tertiary care is very specialized, and includes trauma units and neonatal intensive care units.
Rationale 3: Prenatal care is primary care. Community care is often provided at clinics in neighborhoods to facilitate patients' access to primary care, including prenatal care and prevention of illness.
Rationale 4: Community care decreases costs while improving patient outcomes, and is not unnecessarily expensive.

SAVANNAHHOOPER23

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Alyson.hiatt@yahoo.com

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone. In women who are at least 5 years beyond menopause, it slows bone loss and increases spinal bone density.

Did you know?

Only 12 hours after an egg cell is fertilized by a sperm cell, the egg cell starts to divide. As it continues to divide, it moves along the fallopian tube toward the uterus at about 1 inch per day.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

Did you know?

The most common childhood diseases include croup, chickenpox, ear infections, flu, pneumonia, ringworm, respiratory syncytial virus, scabies, head lice, and asthma.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library