This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A wheelchair transport driver has called 911 after transporting a 68-year-old man from a dialysis ... (Read 18 times)

mspears3

A wheelchair transport driver has called 911 after transporting a 68-year-old man from a dialysis center back to his residential care home. The patient has a blood-soaked bandage on his right forearm and states, My fistula has been bleeding since I left dialysis. I can't get it to stop You should:

A) lift the bandage to ascertain whether the bleeding is from the dialysis fistula or another source.
  B) immediately apply a tourniquet proximal to the fistula.
  C) apply firm, direct pressure over the fistula with your gloved hand.
  D) apply pressure to the brachial artery pressure point to slow the bleeding.

Question 2

A patient suffering a carpal fracture would most likely complain of pain in her:

A) ankle.
  B) wrist.
  C) knee.
  D) elbow.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

amy.lauersdorf90

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

B

mspears3

Reply 2 on: Jul 3, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

bigsis44

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

According to the FDA, adverse drug events harmed or killed approximately 1,200,000 people in the United States in the year 2015.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library