This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient tells a student nurse, I unwind by going to a quiet place, sitting in a comfortable chair, ... (Read 321 times)

bobbie

A patient tells a student nurse, I unwind by going to a quiet place, sitting in a comfortable chair, closing my eyes, and concentrating on my breathing. The patient is describing use of

a. imagery.
  b. meditation.
  c. relaxation.
  d. recreation.

Question 2

The key to modifying co-dependent behavior is

a. recognition.
  b. recreation.
  c. intensive therapy.
  d. establishing vulnerability.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

wshriver

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Meditation uses the techniques described. Imagery requires the patient to focus on a pleasant scene. The scenario does not describe relaxation or recreation, although the end result of meditation should be relaxation.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
In order to change or modify co-dependent behavior, the individual must recognize that the behavior is co-dependent and must come to understand its effects on patients and peers. Recreation is not the key to modifying co-dependent behavior. Intensive therapy may not be required to modify co-dependent behavior. Establishing vulnerability has nothing to do with modifying co-dependent behavior.

bobbie

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

flexer1n1

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates’s recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library