This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Communication is the: A) essence of nursing. B) heart of nursing. C) core of nursing. D) ... (Read 38 times)

joe

Communication is the:

A) essence of nursing.
  B) heart of nursing.
  C) core of nursing.
  D) integral part of nursing.

Question 2

An older adult client who has had a colostomy for over 10 years states, I won't need any teaching about colostomies. I understand how to change the bag and care for my colostomy, but I'm not sure how to best clean my stoma.

What does this statement indicate?
  A) an incongruent relationship
  B) a confused relationship
  C) a non-therapeutic relationship
  D) an evaluative relationship

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

amy.lauersdorf90

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B
Communication is at the heart of nursing.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A
The client's two statements are incongruent with each other. This indicates the need for further education.

joe

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Gracias!

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library