Author Question: What is a good attention getter for an introduction? (Read 2109 times)

j_sun

Im writing an essay for romeo and juliet and my thesis statement is "passion can overtake reason and common sense". What would be a good first sentence for and intro paragraph for that?

hummingbird

Attention getta can be difficult, but you can't lose hope! Especially when you're talking about Romeo and Juriet.

Personally the Commander's favorite character in the whole play is Balthazar because he stays true to what he believes in. But this isn't about the Commander, this is about your essay so I'll get right to the point.

You should start your essay with "Passion can overtake reason and common sense.", it sound very articulate and clever. No need to thank me, I just came up with it off the top of head!

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

As many as 20% of Americans have been infected by the fungus known as Histoplasmosis. While most people are asymptomatic or only have slight symptoms, infection can progress to a rapid and potentially fatal superinfection.

Did you know?

Though “Krazy Glue” or “Super Glue” has the ability to seal small wounds, it is not recommended for this purpose since it contains many substances that should not enter the body through the skin, and may be harmful.

Did you know?

The top 10 most important tips that will help you grow old gracefully include (1) quit smoking, (2) keep your weight down, (3) take supplements, (4) skip a meal each day or fast 1 day per week, (5) get a pet, (6) get medical help for chronic pain, (7) walk regularly, (8) reduce arguments, (9) put live plants in your living space, and (10) do some weight training.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library