This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a patient undergoing the fluid deprivation test. This test is designed to ... (Read 46 times)

nummyann

The nurse is caring for a patient undergoing the fluid deprivation test. This test is designed to confirm which condition?

a. Diabetes insipidus
  b. Diabetes mellitus
  c. Hypothyroidism
  d. Hyperparathyroidism

Question 2

The nurse is discussing bariatric surgery complications with a patient. Which statement indicates that the patient accurately understands the nurse's teaching about common procedural side ef-fects?

a. I understand that gastric ulcers frequently occur in patients who have bariatric surgery.
  b. Gallstones are a common occurrence in patients who have bariatric surgery.
  c. I know an umbilical hernia might happen after I have bariatric surgery.
  d. Unfortunately, I may experience gastritis after having bariatric surgery.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ebe

Answer to Question 1

A
The fluid deprivation test is used to assess for the presence of diabetes insipidus.

Answer to Question 2

B
Nutritional deficiencies caused by the banding result in the formation of gallstones in a large percentage of bariatric surgery patients. About a third of patients who undergo bariatric surgery develop gallstones.

nummyann

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

at

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Barbituric acid, the base material of barbiturates, was first synthesized in 1863 by Adolph von Bayer. His company later went on to synthesize aspirin for the first time, and Bayer aspirin is still a popular brand today.

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

Did you know?

The heart is located in the center of the chest, with part of it tipped slightly so that it taps against the left side of the chest.

Did you know?

Common abbreviations that cause medication errors include U (unit), mg (milligram), QD (every day), SC (subcutaneous), TIW (three times per week), D/C (discharge or discontinue), HS (at bedtime or "hours of sleep"), cc (cubic centimeters), and AU (each ear).

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library