This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A fresh produce wholesaler shipped 247.8 pounds of apples, 166.3 pounds of pears, and 109.7 pounds ... (Read 165 times)

cookcarl

A fresh produce wholesaler shipped 247.8 pounds of apples, 166.3 pounds of pears, and 109.7 pounds of plums to three small neighborhood grocery stores. What was the total weight of the fruit shipped?

Question 2

Nathan Edwards borrowed 2,500 for 60 days to buy new clothes after an apartment fire. From his insurance proceeds, Nathan repaid a total of 2,531.25, principal and interest. Compute the ordinary simple interest rate (360-day year) that was charged. (To nearest 1/10 of a percent.)

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

gasdhashg

Answer to Question 1

247.8 + 166.3 + 109.7 = 523.8 pounds

Answer to Question 2

I = 2,531.25 - 2,500 = 31.25; R = I  (PT) = 31.25  (2,500  60/360) = 0.075 = 7.5

cookcarl

Reply 2 on: Jun 24, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Viet Thy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

You should not take more than 1,000 mg of vitamin E per day. Doses above this amount increase the risk of bleeding problems that can lead to a stroke.

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

Did you know?

Although not all of the following muscle groups are commonly used, intramuscular injections may be given into the abdominals, biceps, calves, deltoids, gluteals, laterals, pectorals, quadriceps, trapezoids, and triceps.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library