Author Question: Can anyone help me answer this Criminal Justice Homework Question? (Read 1140 times)

Garrulous

What are victimless crimes?  Why are they sometimes called social-order offenses?  Do you think that such law violations are truly victimless?  Why or why not?

ricki

Victimless crimes are those that allegedly don't affect other people. The three most common are gambling, prostitution, and drug use.

However, they do effect other people. Prostitution can break up a marriage, gambling losses effect the entire family, and many people resort to crime to support their drug habit.

I hear people say "it's my body and it should be my choice if I want to take drugs", but the problem is very few people can afford a drug habit. If you ever had your house burglarized by a drug addict looking for his next fix, you will agree there is no such thing as a victimless crime.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

Did you know?

Cyanide works by making the human body unable to use oxygen.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library