This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Nichols' management is considering to implement ABC system because ________. Nichols Inc. ... (Read 124 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

Nichols' management is considering to implement ABC system because ________.

Nichols Inc. manufactures remote controls. Currently the company uses a plant-wide rate for allocating manufacturing overhead. The plant manager is considering switching-over to ABC costing system and has asked the accounting department to identify the primary production activities and their cost drivers which are as follows:

Activities Cost driver Allocation Rate
  Material handling Number of parts 2 per part
  Assembly Labor hours 20 per hour
  Inspection Time at inspection station 3 per minute

The current traditional cost method allocates overhead based on direct manufacturing labor hours using a rate of 200 per labor hour.

A) ABC system can be implemented cheaply
  B) ABC system provides more accurate direct cost figures
  C) ABC system is a highly refined costing system
  D) ABC system requires minimal expertise to operate

Question 2

Systems that capture, store, manage, and control electronic document images are called ___________________ ___________.
 Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

abctaiwan

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

Answer to Question 2

electronic document management (EDM)
electronic document management
EDM

humphriesbr@me.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 5, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

softEldritch

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

Did you know?

Walt Disney helped combat malaria by making an animated film in 1943 called The Winged Scourge. This short film starred the seven dwarfs and taught children that mosquitos transmit malaria, which is a very bad disease. It advocated the killing of mosquitos to stop the disease.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library