Author Question: How do I make the decay constant the subject in the formula T=ln(2)/decay constant? (Read 585 times)

T = half life. Lol stuck on a physics question. I rearranged it to Decay constant = ln(2)/T ... but I have a feeling I have rearranged it wrong.

geoffrey

You have rearranged it correctly.

T = In(2) / D

Move the / D across the equals sign and it becomes T x D = In(2).

Then move the T over the equals sign to give:

D = In(2) / T.

Decay = In(2) / T

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

Did you know?

Malaria was not eliminated in the United States until 1951. The term eliminated means that no new cases arise in a country for 3 years.

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

There are more sensory neurons in the tongue than in any other part of the body.

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library