This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The advantages of team nursing include: (Select all that apply) 1. Fosters team cooperation 2. ... (Read 62 times)

mia

The advantages of team nursing include: (Select all that apply)

1. Fosters team cooperation
  2. Allows for ancillary staff autonomy
  3. Strengthens the RN-client relationship
  4. Facilitates decision making at the clinical level
  5. Encourages collaboration between team members
  6. Provides management experience for team leaders

Question 2

Which of the following statements made by a nurse related to the organization of client care re-quires follow-up by the mentor?

1. I had my LPN bring the Foley catheterization supplies into the room so they'd be there when I got there.
  2. I delegated all the stable vital signs to my nursing assistant and the treatments to the LPN.
  3. I was taking vitals on one client, dangling a second client while I had the third expelling an enema.
  4. Organization was never a strength of mine, but I believe I'm getting better at completing all my client's care.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

31809pancho

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 1, 4, 5, 6
An advantage of team nursing is the collaborative style that encourages each member of the team to help the other members. This model has a high level of autonomy for the team leader and is an example of decision making occurring at a clinical level. Team nursing can limit the actual time the RN spends with the clients; ancillary staff are not afforded autonomy regardless of the nurs-ing care model because their work must be supervised by the RN.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
Good time management involves completing one task before starting another. If possible, com-plete the activities started with one client before moving on to the next. Care will then become less fragmented, and the nurse will be better able to focus on what is being done for each client. As a result, it is less likely that errors will be made. The remaining options are not reflective of poor management and so do not need follow-up.

mia

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

dantucker

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

When taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, people should avoid a variety of foods, which include alcoholic beverages, bean curd, broad (fava) bean pods, cheese, fish, ginseng, protein extracts, meat, sauerkraut, shrimp paste, soups, and yeast.

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

Women are 50% to 75% more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library