Hands-on Clinic > Nursing and Clinical

A nurse is drawn into a discussion of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. The nurse ...

(1/1)

moongchi:
A nurse is drawn into a discussion of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. The nurse would offer further explanation when the discussion participants make which erroneous claims? Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. My dad can't get insurance because he has a really bad heart condition.
  2. My employer helps pay part of my insurance costs.
  3. I don't like the part about the government telling me what insurance to buy.
  4. The government helps pay part of my insurance costs.
  5. Health insurance is so expensive

Question 2

A nurse researching budgetary reductions at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid services (CMS) would identify primary impact on which groups? Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. Young military veterans returning from combat assignments
  2. Those receiving kidney dialysis
  3. Those who need heart transplants
  4. Poverty level older adults living in extended care facilities
  5. Persons working in biomedical research

rachel:
Answer to Question 1

1, 3
Rationale 1: One of the purposes of this act is to prevent people from being denied insurance coverage due to pre-existing conditions.
Rationale 2: This act does not prohibit employers from paying part of employee's insurance costs.
Rationale 3: The act says people must purchase insurance but does not indicate which insurance they should purchase.
Rationale 4: This act provides subsidies to help those who qualify to purchase insurance.
Rationale 5: Health insurance is expensive with or without this act.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

2, 4
Rationale 1: This population would be more affected by cuts in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Rationale 2: Persons requiring dialysis receive services from CMS.
Rationale 3: People who need heart transplants do not automatically qualify for services from CMS.
Rationale 4: The Medicare section of CMS helps pay for nursing home services for older adults who are poor.
Rationale 5: The jobs of people working in biomedical research would likely be more affected by cuts in the National Institutes of Health.
Global Rationale:

moongchi:
Thank you :)

rachel:
Happy to help you

Alezandra Lavega:
Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version