Author Question: Did you know that if you destroy the foundation of a building it will crumble? ? (Read 901 times)

TI

This country was founded on Christianity. If you don't believe me check out the original letters and documents that our fore fathers wrote. Our current history books are feeding our children lies. This country is great because of that foundation! Destroying it is crumbling it. Do your homework people. To destroy this countries foundation is to spit in the face of every person who sacrificed their life to give us our freedom. Like it or not.... I'm just the messenger. The actual proof of what I am saying is in the original documents. Do you have enough courage to research them? I already did.

penguins

You obviously never read the federalist papers or you would have known that the protections to keep religion out of the government and the government out of religion was done because in the recent past of that time. some of the colonies were created because they were people that were chased out of other colonies because of religious beliefs that differed from the leadership of the colony they fled. plenty of persecution of religions including many sects of christianity. rhode island, Connecticut, and probably a couple other colonies started that way. they set up those rules to make sure that such things as a state religion even christianity could ever happen again. there were also other religious minorities mostly jews that also suffered under the puritan and other religious regimes.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

curlz

I am fine with you having your religion but to run the gov't of america (where there are now all sorts of religions) on christianity isn't fair to the rest of the people who are not christians, when this country was started it wasnt what it is now, they wrote the constitution and other documents on how to run the country as it was, not how it will be...to excell or progress into new ways of life new ways to manage things, we can't run this country as if it were 1800....It's not spitting in the face of the fathers, it changing it so that it fits their descendants lives.  

Jones

"Founded" might be a little strong, particularly if you are looking at what our "Founding Fathers" believed.  Philadelphia is the "City of Brotherly Love" because many religions prospered there and all used the same edifice for their services.  Religious tolerance and dare I say, Christian principles (the ones after the last Crusade and before the current one) revolving around the Golden Rule, were the order of the day.  Many of our Founding Fathers were Atheists, so, you might want to do just a little more research... Actually designed to educate yourself rather than simply confirm your own beliefs...

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

Did you know?

Cyanide works by making the human body unable to use oxygen.

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

Did you know?

Pink eye is a term that refers to conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the thin, clear membrane (conjunctiva) over the white part of the eye (sclera). It may be triggered by a virus, bacteria, or foreign body in the eye. Antibiotic eye drops alleviate bacterial conjunctivitis, and antihistamine allergy pills or eye drops help control allergic conjunctivitis symptoms.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library